Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Buyer Beware

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a tree-hugger, so when I found out that Hydro One had marked about 20 trees to come down behind my neighbours house, I was pretty upset.  The trees in full foliage have provided a beautiful living screen to the open field and road beyond.  It was like living in a park! 
Taken in May as the leaves were coming out

View of the "park" through the trees!

So you can imagine how awful I felt earlier this week when Hydro One crews came by to do their dastardly deed!  One by one the trees toppled and we were left with an exposed view.  Gone was the pretty park like setting and home to many different bird spieces.  I actually haven't heard the birds singing for a few days now at all. 
Hydro One at work
View after of the "park"
Under the hydro wires where there used to be trees!
The exposed view!





Is there a lesson to be learned?  Sure and buyer beware, if you are looking at a home to buy that has trees planted under hydro wires - look out - soon enough the hydro company will come knocking on your door with their chainsaws.  And if you are thinking about planting trees on your property to create a lovely view, look up first - and then plant where they will have freedom to grow and for you to enjoy for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment