Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Like to Create Beauty in Homes. . . but

I love nature and I love to create beauty in homes both inside and out.  However, I am now faced with a dilema.  Wasps have decide that one of my gardens was prime real estate for them and they moved in.  Don't blame them you know, I like it too.  So what to do.  I first noticed this nest a week or so ago when trimming some overgrowth.  I actually bumped right into it. Boy did I move quickly as wasps flew all around me.  Guess they didn't like the intrusion.  I received only two stings, but felt very insecure as previously I have been told that I am allergic and must use an epipen and go straight to the hospital.  Well the nearest hospital is 20 minutes away and I was all alone.  No epeipen either as the latest advice is that I really don't need one as I only swell up and don't experience breathing difficulties.  So this was a test.  (I guess I passed as I'm still here writing this).  I swallowed a few allergy pills and went out to look at the nest again; this time from a safer distance.  The wasps had attached their home to the side of one the the plant supports and it was the size of a small hardball. 
A few weeks later and the nest has grown to the size of a small canteloupe.  So I have made a decision.  My garden is becoming too overgrown so the nest has to go.

I feel like such a home wrecker!  If I could only transport the nest into the field or somewhere else where we could all live in harmony, but alas, this is not to be.  I bought wasp spray and one of these nights my husband will be out there spraying away (what, you thought I would do it, not in your life!).  Sorry wasps but location, location, location is sometimes not all it's cracked up to be (wasp, lol)!

No comments:

Post a Comment